Agent:

Ian Drury - Sheil Land Associates Ltd. - 52 Doughty Street - London WC1N 2LS




Tuesday 2 February 2010

Welcome!

This is a new beginning (well - it is the festival of Imbolc, after all).

I used to write drama scripts for television, but I'm better now (or TV's worse). In the summer of 2006 I went to my favourite thinking place to figure out what I wanted to do next.

The decision? To write those books.

You see, a few years before I had stumbled across some very interesting information about Arthur - the real 'King Arthur', who he was and when and where he lived. I'd been digging and digging inbetween times, and now I felt it was time to put the book together.

And then there was Shakespeare. I'd spent twenty-odd years working on him (growing up near Stratford-upon-Avon helped). As a result, I'd got stuff you don't find in most biographies.

So there it was: the Arthur book, the Shakespeare book - and after that, who knows?

Which brings me to the start of 2010. There's been a lot going on. And that's what this blog will be about:

- the journey of my precious books towards publication (and beyond?)
- the difficulties of breaking into publishing (or even self-publishing)
- things I've discovered (including sneak previews and new information)
- general chat, etc.

There's bound to be some stuff about myself (although I'm a shy, retiring sort of person, really) and things I've been reading/watching/hearing/thinking about.

But mostly it'll be about an experienced writer working in a new field (or newish, for him), researching fascinating and much-misunderstood subjects, bringing new material to light and hoping to break into the bestseller lists.

Your feedback will always be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment